With Father's day just around the corner I've spent a lot of time thinking about my own Father (who is currently flat in bed recovering from ankle surgery, love ya dad) and even more time reflecting on my sweet husband and what an amazing father he is to our children.
I've found myself "smitten" all over again with this handsome, loving creature... I watch him and the butterflies are just as real as when we were dating 14 years ago... I just love to watch him with our children, he has a unique relationship with each of them. I just love how involved he is with them, he asks them about their day and encourages the girls with their school work, they know that it's important to their "Dad" for them to do well in school and I can see that it really makes them try harder... I love that they can call him at work to get help with homework (yes, I am admitting that at times I am unable to answer 4th, 5th and 6th grade math problems, pathetic but true, good thing Mike's a numbers whiz :) I love that when he walks in the door from work that all of the kids go running chanting "daddies home" and hugs and kisses are heard throughout our entire home... I love how he has nicknames for each of our kids and how he listens to them when they need him. I admire how much he loves the Gospel and that he teaches our children how to follow our Savior Jesus Christ, through his actions. He serves his fellow man and is so willing to do whatever he can to help and bless other's lives... It makes my heart skip a beat to just think about how much he loves us and how much he does for us.
I love that he holds the Priesthood power that can bless our family, what a gift this is from Heavenly Father, just to know that he can place his hands upon my children's heads and comfort and bless them, in the name of Jesus Christ, is something that words can't define, and that he takes this very seriously and lives his life to be worthy and to honor the priesthood, it's such a blessing to all of us. It reaffirms my knowledge that our Heavenly Father loves us so much that he gave his children the priesthood power to have in our homes, not just for clergy but for all of his children to have access to this through their father's, brothers, Grandfather's and any worthy male that is close to them. What a blessing this is to our family.
Just watching Mike with our children makes me love him that much more... he is such a gift in our lives... I often wonder how we were lucky enough to be blessed with him as a spouse and father...he takes his role very seriously and would do anything for us. We love him for working so hard to support us, so that I can be at home with our children, we know it isn't always easy but he never complains.
I look forward to the rest of our lives together and can only imagine the joy and happiness that we will enjoy through the eternities together.... how blessed I am!
Happy Father's day Mike... I love you with all of my heart!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Wendy,
You are truly blessed. Hopefully someday I will be as lucky as you are. love ya shauna
Post a Comment