Sunday, June 8, 2008

Twilight Series

I finished reading the "Twilight Series" by Stephenie Meyer again this week... it's my second time reading them since February... (and actually I've re-read the last 1/4 of Eclipse 2 or 3 more times this week, starting from the part where Jacob is running to take Bella to her safe camp, it's my favorite part of all 3 books, the tent scene, it just gets you so much more involved with the male characters than at any other point in the books) Every time I finish these books I go through a few days of being really grouchy... I've never had books do this to me before... I think the 100 Degree temps that hit us yesterday with the sickening humidity here didn't help my foul mood either... my sweet neighbor came by and asked if I wanted to go to Barnes and Noble to find the newest Stephenie Meyer book "THE HOST", I haven't heard anything about this book, so I've been hesitant to go and pick it up... I guess the sun was too much for me because I jumped at the chance to go. While we were searching the shelves for the book, I came across the "Special Edition" of Eclipse that included the 1st chapter of the final book in the twilight series "Breaking Dawn", I grabbed 2 books and we headed to the children's section to find some chairs... my friend looked at me after a page or two and said... "you know were just torturing ourselves", I laughed and finished the chapter... Oh man, she was right... torture... just enough to get you really involved and wanting more (that's the point I'm sure) August can't get here soon enough for me and my book addiction. I know that I will re-read all 3 books at least one more time before the 4th book hits the store shelves... I'm just totally smitten with this story.

We placed the books back on the shelf and found 2 of the last copies of "The Host", I had to ask for help, we couldn't find it in the Sci-Fi or Teen sections or anywhere... it was still on the B & N
Best Sellers section at the front of the store...

So I started reading last night but it's a little hard to follow what's going on... it seems like there are a lot of characters and background that are trying to be established and it was a little much, I made it through 2 chapters before I closed the book and fell asleep... at like 9 pm... hum... I want to think the book didn't bore me to sleep but I'm not really sure.

I've committed to myself that I'll finish the book.... I'll put my thoughts on my blog... If you have read it or have friends who have finished it, I would love to hear what they had to say about it... it's weird, the Twilight series has so much "buzz" it's surprised me that I haven't hear ANYTHING about this book yet.

2 comments:

Shayna said...

HI this is Shayna Camerons wife (your cousin)... I havent read any of the books... but I am really wanting too. I hear they are amazing, but the reason for my comment in that I heard the last book the one you are reading right now takes about 4 chapters to really get into it! Good luck and let me know!

Wendy said...

Shayna,
I just finished chapter 4 and you're right... I just got hooked... hope The Host is just as good.. You really SHOULD read The Twilight series!