Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"The Host" by Stephenie Meyer

OH!!!! So I went with my friend Danette to get this book last Saturday (yes just 4 short days ago)... I started to read it Saturday night... fell asleep at like 8.... a little boring I guess, but Sunday I gave it another chance... fell asleep on the couch around 10; that NEVER happened with the Twilight series... I mean I think I fell asleep at like 2:30 AM exhausted and my eyes burning but never bored with the books....

So Monday Faith and a Dentist appointment... I took the book... and by chapter 9 I was hooked. It takes a while to get the background and setting for the story... not completely boring but just not a quick read... So here it is Wednesday and I'm less than 60 pages from the end (619 pg book) and it's just a great story...

I was hesitant to read it at first because I hadn't heard anything from anyone... so here it is my RECOMMENDATION... If you enjoyed the "Twilight" series you will love "THE HOST" too!

Now I'm off to finish the book! I'm sure I'll post my feelings about how it ends... I've already shed many tears... it just makes you look at humanity and life from new views... great read!

2 comments:

Phil and Sami Carter said...

I completley agree with you. It took me two days to get into it...but once I was I could not put it down. Loved it!

Crazy Lady said...

Aha! I found you! I loved twilight and the host! Isn't it strange how Satans plan would have almost worked to make everyone be good? But in the end we are only happy with our free agency. Thank heavens for the atonement...litterally.