Monday, May 17, 2010

My sweet husband

I am so thankful for my sweet husband.  I have really been a handful lately and he is so sweet and so calm and always the voice of reason in my life.  I am so grateful for him.  I am so lucky to call him my eternal companion.  He is the best father and husband!  I am really going to try and do something special for him this Father's Day.  I've never known a man to be so honest and straightforward with his answers and thoughts.  I being a woman have a hard time with the straightforward part.  I am so worried about offending or hurting feelings that at times it's painful just to have a conversation because then I have to spend hours decoding and analyzing and reanalyzing and figuring out what was said or what was meant or why it was said or what they really wanted to say.  Men just don't do that.  It's simple, it's straightforward, it's easy.  I know I can always go to my hubby and he will help me with whatever the issue is I'm focusing on at that moment and he always surprises me with his wisdom and simple answers.  I totally get the need for a balance in a marriage between a woman and a man.  I am eternally grateful for that.   I'm glad I have a blog where I can vent when needed... prime example... my previous post.  Hopefully it didn't offend anyone or my husband is going to need to be around a lot more to walk me through my analyzing phase of a post conversation.  :)

1 comment:

Shaunab said...

I would agree, you do have a great husband. I could only hope to be as lucky as you some day.