Thursday, May 20, 2010

A day in the life...

Morning starts at 6-6:30, Mikes in the shower, baby in her crib across the hall saying "da da da da".  Me sleepy eyed and trying to climb out of bed.  Once I'm up... it's like one thing after the next.
5 kids dressed, fed, lunches packed, homework checked, coats or jackets, shoes, take the garbage out on the way out the door to drive them to 2 different schools.  Home to greet any friends who might be coming to play, laundry, dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, bathrooms, more sweeping, more laundry, wash, dry, fold, carry up 2 flights of stairs to the bedrooms, make beds, pick up floors, change diaper, new clothes for messy baby, snack for kids, change another diaper, baby to bed, check e-mail, correspond with teachers, aides, church needs, friends, family.  Deep breath, sweep again, more dishes, more laundry (seriously all day long today), and it's only 10:30 am and I'm blogging it. 

And today is an "easy" day in the normal chaos driven home of ours. I wonder how the rest of this day will go?  I did stop to enjoy my sweet baby and see the joy in her eyes at discovering how to open the drawers and find new play items in the kitchen today. 

No comments: