Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another reason technology has made life harder...

I have to say that I do appreciate technology... however as of late I've really been thinking a lot about how "impersonal" the world has become.  I'll admit I prefer to do my communicating via e-mail, 99% of the time, RARELY do I ever pick up the phone if I don't have too, phone calls of my teen days are such a thing of the past.  I hardly ever use my cell phone unless it's necessary while I'm away and I need to communicate with my family while I'm out.  So this leads into my rant for the day... Do you ever wonder why your brain can't just filter, play ahead a conversation and then before you actually say the words, warn you that you're being an idiot?  I guess that with my preferred choice of communication (e-mail) I actually have this play ahead and filter luxury... however for what ever reason I don't utilize it and now I'm left feeling like a really lame friend.

Feeling like a fool for not being more aware of the power of e-mail and how even if you don't mean to have something sound horrible, it still can come across that way on the other end.  My Life made harder because my fingers can't relay a message in "real life conversation" form.  Note to self... wait a day to hit send on all e-mails!

Do we really pride ourselves on being so productive in life that we're actually being less productive due to the messes we leave ourselves to clean up? My thought.

No comments: