I'm so grateful to be starting a new week! The kids are all on the mend. Hailey is still suffering with some minor asthma issues but nothing that requires a 6th doctor's visit in less than 2 weeks! I'm so glad for her and for me! I'm so thankful for a sweet husband who let me sneak away to see my movie on Saturday... a much needed break and may I just say... mind you I know that I'm a 33 year old mother of 5, but to repeat my friend Lynaya "that Taylor is just pretty", I agree... and from the gasps and giggles that came from the tween/mom crowd of the theater they seemed to agree too :)
Oh, how I look forward to this Friday, I like Thanksgiving but I'm just not that into "fancy" food, it's over rated in my book. I enjoy a good meal, but something about standing on my feet for 8 hours straight preparing everything really doesn't appeal to me! Then there is the 10 minutes of inhaling and it's all over! Oh the joys of the feast!
What I am looking forward to is getting out my Christmas decorations, cutting down our Christmas tree and all of the music and smells that lead up to Christmas! I made My husband a promise that I wouldn't decorate before Thanksgiving (I did one year and it really took away from our Thanksgiving day... so I'll wait, just 4 more days!).
My list of Thankfuls!
-My Sweet, loving, thoughtful, helpful, handsome and respectful husband! Mike I love you!
-Beautiful, mostly healthy, helpful, loving, kind, happy, silly and thoughtful children! I love you Faith, Hailey, Noah, Ammon and Elizabeth!
-Employment, when so many friends are out of work, how grateful I am that we can provide for our family.
-Fall, I truly love the beauty that surround me this time of year, the smells, the colors Everything!
-My knowledge that I am a child of God, I can't imagine my life without knowing this, it makes me who I am and lead the choices I make each day.
-My parents, who love me and support me and my siblings every day!
-Mike's parents who love and support us even though we took all of their grand kids 2,000 miles away.
-My siblings, for always being there to support and love each other.
-My "other" family here in NY who allow me to lean on them and help me when I need it!
-My sisters in the Gospel, who teach and show me how to be better every day!
-My Savior Jesus Christ, for his example, for his love, for his church!
And many more to come!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Thanks for reminding me of some of the things I am thankful for.
I loved New Moon. I went Saturday as well. Jacob totally outshines Edward.
And we're grateful for you! What a nice list of gratitudes.
We love the fuss of Thanksgiving - nice table, a variety of foods, preparing food with a special feeling - a way to slow down from the other distractions of squeezing in a meal in a busy life or other priorities. If we use the day to reflect on our bounteous blessings, our talents, and the people we care about as we prepare, it's a marvelous day.
But agree, if the total purpose is a 15 minute gorging and the usual conversations, the day loses it savor.
Post a Comment