I'm grateful that we had a beautiful Thanksgiving... I'm even more grateful for my friend Lynaya who made it pretty darn stress free and wonderful. What a blessing she is to me and my family.
We woke up Friday and I went to get the decorations out for Christmas (as is our family tradition to get the tree the day after Thanksgiving). Well imagine my surprise when I walked into our "creepy" basement (the old basement from the original house built in 1840, and so loving nicknamed, the creepy basement when we moved in by my kids) and saw the floor covered in water! NICE! Mike realized it was coming from the kitchen sink drain, called the landlord, he asked us to wait until Monday to avoid the crazy holiday charges for the plumber, washed dishes in bowls and dumped them for 4 days (with 6 kids, plus another 3 or 4 each day in our home, it was no small task to do the dishes this way), thank heavens for a nice plumber and for this 6 hour repair job to get my sink back up and running! Something else to be thankful for.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment