Well.. first of all NO BABY yet... my due date is Sunday and I'm beyond ready for this to happen. Honestly I thought this baby would be like 2 weeks early (kinda planned on it)... now here I sit just waiting to go into labor... lots of contractions but they don't stay around for more than an hour or two and they are too far apart to go running for the hospital. By the 5th, you would think this would be so easy for me... just wish it and "bam" it's done.
Well the last 2 weeks have been anything but uneventful for me. I was released as the 2nd Counselor in our Primary Presidency and have been called to be the new Enrichment Counselor in our newly reorganized Relief Society Presidency. This is a new one for me. I've spent the past nearly 10 years in Primary as a counselor or teacher or in the Young Women's presidency. Needless to say I'm a little nervous for this new responsibility... but I'm also very excited and can't wait to serve the women of our branch.
Mike has been home since last Friday (again we really thought this baby would be here by now) and since he isn't really here to take over "mommy" duties, I've made him an amazing "honey do" list... he's nearly completed it now that it's day 4 and all. Yesterday he spent the afternoon into the evening re-caulking our bathtub/shower... who knew that could take so long ?! We've done a lot of Power walking/shopping the past few days, Costco, Home Depot, Target... I really thought Costco was a sure bet for labor induction... I've found that it didn't induce my labor it just made me really sore and sorry that I was so dumb to think that! I even read online that the "new" self induction tip was to eat fresh pineapple... so I ate nearly and entire pineapple on Monday night... here it is Wednesday and NOTHING... so I've decided to just surrender the process to nature... it truly is a lesson in patience for both Mike and I... it's just not up to us to decide when this little one joins our family. I just can't wait to meet our new addition... boy or girl.. the kids are dying to find out (and so are Mike and I)... hopefully my next post will be good news and a welcome to our newest family member :)
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Good luck with everything. I hope the baby comes soon.
Congrats on the new calling. You will be an amazing Enrichment leader.
Wendy,
You will do awesome. Wow, Mike home with you for a week has got to be great! Love you guys!!
I'll be watching for the good news!
That's great about your new calling. I'm serving in RS right now too, and I LOVE it. It will definitely be different for you though. :)
Good luck with the waiting game. I thought that was the worst part. Well, one of the worst parts. And good luck having 5!?! You are brave and amazing!
Post a Comment