Monday, February 23, 2009

Slacker

Man I'm a blogging slacker lately... maybe it's the lack of energy or the 29 plus weeks pregnant with baby #5 but I really have been slacking.

Life is plugging along for us... it's been 3-4 weeks of colds and flu being passed around and whining kids and a whining mom and a dad... hopefully Spring will find us soon and we can put some of these winter issues to rest.

Faith finished her basketball season, she let me know that Volleyball is her first love... she's got real talent (as 2 coaches have pointed out). Basketball was fun but their team struggled, lost more than they won the opposite of the Volleyball team. I think she may try out next year for both but we'll see. Her friends want her to play Softball but she isn't really interested.... we'll see what comes of that. She is very involved in after school clubs and activities and there were days she wouldn't get home until after 7 at night... I really don't like the schedule and I'm thankful the season is over and we get to see her in the evenings.

Hailey keeps busy reading and making up stories and skits, she is so sweet. She's starting to realize that she's growing up, it's her last year in Elementary school on to the 6th grade and middle school next year and she is already getting a little nervous about the transition. At least she will have her sister there to help her out. Hailey is so comfortable being herself. I don't know how I was so blessed with girls who aren't consumed with the "trends", occasionally one of them will mention something that is "In" and they are just not worried about "wanting" those types of clothing or things. I hope they continue to have level heads and realize that it truly isn't important. Money can buy you a lot of things... none of which are happiness, no matter how many "in" labels you wear or carry with you!

Noah is such a clown, he has really come into his own in Kindergarten, he just loves to make people laugh, with silly acts or facial expressions or sometimes just his smile. He is so silly and we all love to laugh with him. He loves school... even though it is a daily fight to get him out the door... I made the mistake of saying that the only reason for staying home from school is a fever or throwing up... so now on a regular schedule he wakes up and starts to cough or fake throw up... it's really quite funny. The funniest thing is that he gets off the school bus with a huge grin every single day... his response when I ask him how his day went is almost always "worst day ever" with a huge smile on his face... he is such a ham.

Ammon is just so big now... he is doing everything independently and loving life. He is just so full of joy and happiness, it's contagious... he just makes every day seem happy and bright. He is a total electronics "junkie" no other word to describe him... he loves the Nintendo (Wii, Game Cube and DS Lite), not to mention that he loves to play on the Internet as well... Wow, I can only imagine what life will be like for his kids, he's 3 and already a techno genius... I did ask him last night "Ammon what do you want to be when you grow up" and he said " a soccer man, because I love to run"... we'll see I think he's headed for a career in technology :)

Mike has been busy transitioning to his new position with-in his company.... they dissolved the fund he was managing and moved him to the "debt" team, he as excited about the opportunity to try something other than hedge funds. It's been longer hours and days for him... the kids don't usually see him during the weekdays, he's up and out the door before they wake and not home until they are mostly all fast asleep. It's such a crazy life that we lead, honestly I never would have chosen it for us, but we've been so blessed and I truly believe this is where we are meant to be... so we will continue to be grateful for the family time we have together and life this fast paced, crazy work hours New York life that seems to come with the territory. Mike is also keeping busy with his EQ President calling in our branch. He really loves it and spends countless hours each week serving.

I'm loving being at home, I've been babysitting since the fall, I love to have my own "money" and be able to do some extras. Being home is such a blessing so I figured I could take on a few kids and help with some bills. It's really been a huge blessing. I love my primary calling, although I have to admit there have been a few Sunday's where I felt like I needed a break from "kids" but in the end those days seem to be the most rewarding when it's all said and done. I love our branch, I love that yesterday 2 sweet girls were confirmed and their uncle who brings them to church, confirmed them in his Football Jersey and Jeans and it didn't take anything away from the spirit.... I love that we get to be part of this amazing work on the earth and the love that our Heavenly Father has for each of us apparent in all that I see. I am so looking forward to May... to the arrival of our sweet #5, I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and didn't give in to the many requests to find out what we are having.... one true surprise of life that I'm not giving up... especially since Mike thinks this is our last :) So NO we don't know what it is !!! You'll know when we know :)

3 comments:

Crazy Lady said...

Congrats on #5. We are in the same boat but only 25 weeks along. I'm jealous! It's great you love NY. Didn't see that one coming and I would love you to move back this way but I'm sure you know where you need to be. :)

Jenilee said...

It is so good to get an update. We think about you guys a lot. What a sweet family you have. Please tell Ammon, Savannah says hi.

mindi1 said...

I love you. Maybe your doctor could just let me know the gender. It's killing me!