If I haven't mentioned this before... FALL is my favorite time of the year! Now I know that it's not quite fall yet... but I can feel it coming and I can't wait... the smells, the leaves, the air... oh, it's like a drug for me!
As much as I love Fall for all of those reasons, it dawned on my last night that I also love this time of year for the "new start" feeling. As I sat and watched my sweet husband give each of my children their "father's blessing" to begin the school year... I couldn't help but be thankful to my Heavenly Father for the Priesthood in my home... I honestly don't know how we would survive without it. What a blessing it is to have that authority in our home to bless our children and myself as we need it. It is such a testament to me of Our Heavenly Father's plan for us (his children) he knew we would need this connection to him beyond that of our ecclesiastical leaders at church... so the Priesthood should be in every home... every family can have this wonderful power and it is something that I am eternally grateful for. I love my husband who follows the teachings of our Savior, Jesus Christ, who serves and loves and gives without asking for anything in return.
I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I am grateful beyond words for my knowledge of the restoration of the Gospel to the Earth. I know that families can be together forever and I love my family more than I can express in words.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I am so with you about fall. I LOVE this time of the year. Best of all, I get to come see you guys in a couple of months. Yeah!!!
I 100% agree. We are into fall weather and it makes me more and more excited for the leaves to change. We are only a month away from peak colors, so they say. This is why I love the East.
I love everything about the fall also! I love the leaves, the smells, the change in the air! I wish we could skip winter though! Not my favorite time at all!
Post a Comment