OUCH... I just got a message from a friend of mine who has a daughter my girls ages. She was forwarding an e-mail to me that one of my girls (I'll leave her unnamed) forwarded to her daughter....
I was totally freaking out that my daughter would forward something so awful... the message line of the e-mail indicated it would be listing the (forgive me for not putting the word here but I"m sure you can guess) SL_Ts of our local middle school where my oldest attends 6th grade.... I was horrified and just plain ticked off when I saw this... the e-mail didn't actually contain a list but a dumb story to pass along... I'm guessing it was an attention getter... my daughters don't have any clue what the "S" word means.... it also contained some language we don't use in our home... I've had this talk with my girls before about e-mail and not forwarding it... I'm torn... I really want to just get rid of all of our e-mail.. Now as I type this I realize she most likely forwarded this to all of her friends and cousins and aunts and uncles...
This goes back to a post I made a few months back... the Internet is both good and VERY BAD... any advice? We've used Besafe.com in the past... I guess we're going back to that, we had the Internet settings to try and prevent this but apparently things slip through....
Why is it so hard to keet this kind of crap out of our kids lives? And why don't other parents care enough to check up on what their children are doing on the Internet? Innocence is lost too early as it is in life, why take it away any sooner!
Well I'm off to send an apology e-mail to everyone in her address book... if you are one of them... Please accept my apology for not paying close enough attention to catch this one.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment