Monday, February 11, 2008

Mike's Uncle Kenneth

We received some sad news on Friday, Mike's Uncle Kenneth (his father's brother) passed away unexpectedly at the age of 60. It was really sad to think about how hard this must be for Mike's Grandmother... she told Mike on the phone that "one of her babies was gone", then she just sobbed. I guess it just goes to show that no matter how old you might be as a mother, your children are still your babies. I can't imagine burying one of my children, how heart breaking and difficult that must be at any age.

Mike's grandparents don't go to church of any kind, it really makes me sad that they don't have the knowledge of the life after this... that this is just one step in our progression, that they will see him again. I know that this is true... I'm not sure what they believe happens after we die... for me, the knowledge of a life after this is as real as life itself. What a blessing for those who choose to believe... what comfort you can receive knowing that it's not the end.

Uncle Kenneth was such a good family man, he supported all of the extended family for all of our get togethers. I didn't know him well mostly from our Christmas visits to Mike's Grandparents home where we would enjoy some family time. He had a very sweet smile, a quiet man who kept to himself. I didn't realize that he was such a decorated service-man until I read the obituary today, a war hero! He will surely be missed!

Our hearts and prayers go out to all of Mike's family this week. I hope they can feel the peace and comfort that only the Lord can provide at a time like this. MayGod bless each of them is our prayer.

Here is a copy of his Obituary:
http://www.legacy.com/Link.asp?I=LS000103035745X

No comments: