So Mike's brother Dave decided about 6 or 8 months ago to quit his job working as a "trainer of sorts" for HP, use the money from selling his Townhome and DRIVE to Argentina, SOLO... Okay now at first the idea just seems quite unreal... why would anyone in their right mind quit a great paying job, sell their "things" and head out in a truck filled with food, water, Coke and a roof top tent to travel on backroads all the way to the tip of Argentina??? To tell you the truth when I first got the e-mail from Mike's mom about Dave's Journey... I can honestly say it "didn't surprise me", Dave's single, never married, 33, he loves the outdoors and his Land Cruiser (and all of the off road adventures that come with it). But still, Mike and I wondered if he would actually do it... well here we are 4 months into his journey in "awe" of the adventure he is living. Man, to tell you the truth if I were single I would find my "Argentina", quit my job and head there tomorrow... I really envy him!
If you get the chance I totally recommend his blog.... it follows is adventure from the beginning (meaning preparing his truck for the "ride").
www.expeditionamericas.blogspot.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
A Poem for Dave:
Dave...
oh Dave...
Driving so far
You lucky #$@%!
How nice would that be? No kids screaming in the back? No fighting? No one to turn off the radio station you want to listen to? And in a cool place? Where do I sign up?
Post a Comment