Friday, April 27, 2007

Car Ride

So we were all in the car today, during the pouring rain going out to lunch. When I say out to lunch I mean to the nearest Drive through so that we don't get anyone else sick, we ended up going about 15 miles north of our house and that wasn't necessarily the closest but almost the closest drive through. I have to say that my children impress and amaze me, the things that come out of their mouths are awesome; let me just say that my experience on the roads today were a trial for me... I really had to watch my mouth and bite my tongue, I swear I must have had a neon sign blinking on my car that said

Please cut me off, Please pull out in front of me on wet roads and please just come in to the lane with me I will share the space... It happened no less than 10 times in our round trip to the drive through and a quick trip to WalMart. (I love WalMart, even though it is far away and you have to park in a parking garage and it is a huge pain to just make the trip, I still love WalMart and I think I always will.......) So from the mouths of my beautiful children from our road experience today this is what I heard...

  • From Faith "Mom, Just honk and keep honking that's what they do in New York"
  • From Faith "Mom, just run them over if they are crossing the street and it is our turn to which my reply was "Now Faith do you think that Jesus would just run people over if he were driving around in a car?" to which she said "maybe if he was in New York". Lesson learned? I'm not sure????
  • From Hailey "Hey Mom, do you remember the time Dad rolled down the window and yelled at that lady WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?" and to tell you the truth I don't remember it but the girls both did. UGGHHH.
  • From Noah "Are we in Dobbs Ferry yet?"
  • From Ammon "mine, mine, my balloon" his first 2 word combination came out of his mouth today, more than once so it wasn't just me wishing him to speak better =)

I never thought I would hear myself saying "I really enjoyed the car ride and wished we were on a road trip today" but amazingly it was so fun to be in the car with the kids and enjoy the conversations that started from silly things that happened to us.

This morning I was looking at the Yahoo home page and came across and article about the American Idol Gives back program that aired on Wednesday Night, for those of you who don't realize it, I have become a huge Idol Fan the past 2 seasons.... why oh why didn't Chris Daughtry win last season.... What a sad ending... OK, so I have never in my life posted anything anywhere on the web (well not really) but I was so furious about this article and the person whinging about not seeing the stars they were promised that I posted this on the AmericanIdol page:

I was reading my favorite home page this morning and came across posts from AI.com from people complaining about not seeing more "stars" on Wednesday Nights show... I was shocked, If I understand correctly the entire purpose of the show was to raise money and awareness of the suffering and poverty facing our nation and Africa. If the only reason you are going to contribute to this Amazing effort is because your "star" was on the show, then personally I feel you missed the point.....

I honestly believe that a huge part of the American population takes what we have for granted, it isn't about what we have or how much more we can get... it was all said in the eyes of the children on the show...

How could this happen? We need to stand together, sacrifice more and be better to those we see struggling, give up your daily paper or coffee and help save a life.What have we become as human beings and Americans when it all comes down to feeling like we have to be entertained in order to make a contribution to help the less fortunate? We shouldn't have to be inspired to do something, I would hope it is just part of who we are as Human Beings.Stop complaining, start being more aware of the important things in life and maybe just maybe we can make a difference... wasn't that the point??????

A+ for American Idol gives back.....

Awareness + No More Excuses = Saving lives

I guess I just had to vent and they got an ear full. Well 2 days in a row is a new record for my Blog, hopefully we can make it 3.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Mumsy said...

Your kids crack me up!! One time I was driving and I needed to turn left at a really awkward intersection. I pulled out a little and then realized a car was coming too fast, but I was already committed to turn, I said, "OH SH**!!" And Lilly goes, "Uh-oh! Oh, no!" I think she knows what that word means. And, when I honk at the car in front of me, but not before the light has already been green for awhile, she will yell to the other car, "GO!!!"

Shaunab said...

Wendy,
your awesome! All that and it still sounds like your smiling. I am coming out on October 9th for sure. I am glad you started this so I can keep up on what's going on in your family.