So about 2 weeks ago I decided that I am going to be a healthier person, not just me but my entire family. Now that Ammon is easier to deal with outdoors we have been taking morning walks, playing at the park and just moving our bodies more.... it has been great (except of course when we were stuck inside throwing up last week). It is amazing to me how difficult it is to be healthy, at least for me, where did I go wrong??? Why is it that I would much rather eat a bagel, cinnamon roll or something with tons of carbs than a nice piece of fresh fruit or a low-fat yogurt? My body hates me, it is really mad because of this change.
I made a decision that I wasn't going to drink anymore soda, so of course I stopped "cold turkey" well that was 2 weeks ago, let's just say that it wasn't so easy.... at least I am down to 1 (okay maybe 2) cans of Diet soda a day, before it was regular soda and at least 2 cans a day so for me, BABY steps.... I am drinking a lot more water so that is a big change in my life, I swear days used to go by and I wouldn't even have one glass of water.... I know, I know, I've heard it all before, save the lectures =)
This change has of course been an issue for the whole family, we changed to wheat pasta and I'm not buying sugared cereal (however, when Mike does the grocery shopping I've noticed that someone it ends up back in the cabinet =) I even bought "turkey burgers" for the first time ever. Let's just say they will take some getting used to, I actually thought Faith was going to vomit when I told her what she was eating (weird I know, especially because up until the moment I told her what it was she seemed to be enjoying it). After Hailey had the stomach flu last week she lost a few pounds and now she seems to be excited about a "healthy" new life style, we will see how long it lasts (the positive attitude not the life style). Enough about that for now, I'm sure it won't be the last time health and food are discussed here.
HAIR CUT
I gave Ammon his first Haircut yesterday, he is so grown up and so cute. I wish I would have taken a picture of his golden curls just behind his ears that I chopped off. I couldn't believe how much hair he already had, I could have sworn he was mostly bald but the hair in the sink doesn't lie.
I'll post a picture later today of my cutie pie.
I also gave Noah a "military cut" Sunday morning before church, now mind you this is not a normal "sabbath day" activity for me, it just sort of came to pass... Noah hates haircuts I usually have to hold him on my lap (well pin him down like in a nifty wresting move) and Mike shaves his head with the clippers, well my friend told me to she puts her kids in front of the tv while she cuts their hair so they will sit still. LOW and behold I sat him in front of the Nintendo and it was the greatest haircutting experience ever. Thanks for the tip! Noah is such a big teddy bear, he melts my heart every single day. I just can't think ahead too far because the thought of him leaving me every day to go to Kindergarten (I know 16 + months away) is more than I can deal with, I've already teared up thinking about it. I guess Mike will have to take a day off from work to take him the first day..... ENOUGH already.
Faith is excited to be performing in the band/orchestra tonight at school, she absolutely loves playing the clarinet and it is so fun to listen to her as she practices and becomes better. I'll post pictures later this week. She seems to be doing much better than last week, the strep is gone and thankfully she never did end up with the throw up sickness (I think Heavenly Father blessed her since she had already been so sick). Faith is growing up so darn fast, I can't believe how time flies, we have already started letting her babysit a little (like 15-30 minutes so I can go get milk/groceries). But it is great to have her here with the other kids, she is Ammon's 2nd mommy, in fact he seems to want her more and more lately. She is doing very well in school and is excited to start MS next year. I can't even go there right now...
Hailey is such a sweetheart, always looking out for those around her. It was so hard to see her so sick last week, she just wanted to be helpful but didn't have the energy to do much. We all learned how to be more patient with each other last week. One thing that Hailey is really working on right now is memorizing her Articles of Faith, she really has just loved being part of Activity days and has such a sweet testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. She actually bore her testimony in Sacrament meeting last month, it was so incredible as a parent to watch her stand at the pulpit and tell the entire ward about her love for Jesus and share a sweet story of how Prayers are answered. I had so many adults in the ward pull me aside to tell me how inspired they were by her words.
I feel so blessed to have all 4 of these wonderful spirits in my home, what a blessing they are to me as a mother. They teach me new things every single day. I am so very blessed to be a mother.
I hope that this day is full of sweet memories and good times and that you will enjoy those are around you as I know I will enjoy being here with my children this day...
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment