Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First day of school!!

My day started at 5:45 as my alarm jolted me from a really restful sleep, something that is very rare for me to enjoy of late.  I realized that we really didn't need to be getting up until about 6:45 but I couldn't go back to sleep and decided to start my day.  It was odd to enjoy some quiet time with everyone still fast asleep.  Peaceful and quiet to start the day!  It didn't last very long as Liz was up and ready to be making mischief right away.  Hailey was all packed up and ready to be to her Orchestra class at 7:38, the others slowly followed and made it out of bed, dressed with backpacks in hand.  I gave in and drove Hailey as none of her friends have Orchestra before school... Then I darted off to the town grocery store because apparently in all of the 10 trips to the stores over the past month, Faith forgot to pick up a "combination locker lock".  Not a nice way to start her first day of High school!  So I came home without a lock as the kid that got there 10 steps before I did, took the last one in the store.  NICE.  I did manage once I returned home to find an old bike lock (with a key) to send her with today, rusty and all, she was excited about the lock called it "Fancy"... I was just relieved it didn't bring tears... She is so grown up my sweet High School girl.
I took Noah and Ammon to the bus Noah, was still antisocial at the bus stop, but sweet with his brother.  And then my Ammon, oh my little Ammon, right before we left he was crying.. "I want you to go with me, I don't want to go without you mom, I love you!" Yes, it ripped my heart right out but I didn't cave, no emotional outburst until after I returned home from putting him on the bus. And then I sent my Faith off to her first day of High School, she looked so grown up and beautiful that I just hugged and kissed her as much as I could... AH... an emotionally overwhelming day.  4 kids in school and me and Liz home, just the 2 of us... I don't know how I'm going to deal with not having a house full of rowdy, running, fighting, crying, teasing, sweet, lovely, amazing kids every day.... oh it is biter sweet.  I'll look forward to the next few weeks of just me and Liz and then I start to watch my dear friends sweet Joy in October.  Another new chapter!

1 comment:

Jenilee said...

I just sent Savannah off for her first day. I can't believe they are in kindergarten already. It is weird at home without her.