It's snowing again! We have had a rough winter here in NY! They had a 1/2 day for our town schools (I'm sure it was because they anticipate closing them tomorrow and they don't want to use up all of their snow days for the year back to back). So I went to pick up my girls and my Yukon with 4 wheel drive was sliding all over the roads. It's such a mess when the weather doesn't cooperate here. The roads are narrow to begin with, barely wide enough for 2 cars to drive down the road side by side. If someone happens to "oh no" park on the road, it reminds me of driving on back canyon roads, one lane, you have to pull over and let them pass before you can proceed. Now mind you I live 20 minutes from NYC... and this is just so funny to me. LACK of planning and growth needs. It's so different than the almost too wide roads you find in my home state of Utah. Even after 4 years of living here, I'm still amused by it!
The fact is it was NOT amusing to watch cars slipping and sliding just to get their kids home from school... my own Sweet Hailey slipped in front of my car... in the road, it's such a mess and it's supposed to continue through tomorrow. We've decided to clean the house and then bundle up and enjoy the warmth of a fire and some "road snacks" as Ammon named them this morning. Similar to going on a road trip but we're stuck at home. It's going to be a fun mom and kids day today! I am truly excited for it.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I am so jealous. I would love to be there bundled up in front of a fire watching it snow with you all. Have fun!!
Post a Comment