I can hardly believe it's March... somehow even with all of the winter blah's it still amazes me that March is here and I only have 8 weeks until my due date. I guess it's a good thing though, better than dreading that it's already been a long process :)
This month is full of craziness... there are so many family and friends birthdays this month... my girls actually said that we should throw me a party this year (I'm a little old for parties), so we compromised and invited some friends for dinner, cake and ice cream... hosting my own gathering makes me happy... I love having friends over so it will be a great way to spend my day.
I've been thinking a lot about how my life has turned out... I remember when Faith was born nearly 13 years ago, I had just turned 20 and felt so young to be a mom... after Hailey was born 2 years later I told myself that I wanted to be done having kids by the time I was 30... I wanted to be a "young mom".... I had young parents and I really loved that they were younger than almost all of my friends parents by nearly 10 years. Well here I am about to turn 33 and a bun in the oven... didn't quite make the deadline... I guess that's why it's good to keep these idea's "open ended"... Hey If I can convince my hubby I'd have another one... I like even numbers after all.
I've also been thinking a lot about our anniversary that is coming up on St. Patricks day.... #14... it just freaks me out to think that Mike and I have been married that long... where did the time go... oh wait... 12 moves in 3 states, and almost 5 kids now... I guess that's where time went. If you would have asked me 10 years ago where we would be in 10 years... I never would have imagined this for our family.... I was going to live in Utah forever... I mean for Pete's sake, I don't even like to travel..... now it just seems like the "norm" to me... packing up and moving across the state, the Country... no big deal... doesn't even scare me to think that may happen again some day.
Although, some of my life feels like a blur. The other night I was helping Hailey with a costume for school and she asked me "what was my first word", I honestly couldn't recall what it was.... has my mind gone to mush... too many kids to recall those precious moments I should remember? I need to do a better job of keeping a journal, at this point I can't commit to scrapbooks, that died out about 3 years ago when #4 arrived.... now I just hope that this blog helps with some of my history :)
Ah, March... what a great month ... so many events to celebrate and so much to look forward too... Especially Spring!!!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment