My kids were so fun yesterday, we spent a few hours baking and decorating cookies to take to our neighbors... What ever happened to the old Valentines "ring and run" traditions? Well it continues in our home.. the kids love to leave the plates and ring the door bell and run... I think we may be the last family within miles to still do this! I remember being a kid and all of our neighbors did it as well.. it was a lot of fun and I have some great memories. So for my kids they enjoy the tradition as well. It was so nice, most of the neighbors called to say "thank you" it was sweet.
The schools here have a "no candy" rule, so the kids had to take cards only.. Hailey spent about 2 hours making the sweetest individual cards with unique poems for each of her classmates... it was really fun to watch her. Faith being in Middle school, came home with tons of candy... what the heck??? Noah enjoyed his Valentines party with his preschool co-op group, he came home with a "karate" gift certificate and home made crayons..... great alternatives to Candy.... but alas, I sent plastic hearts with Reese's pieces.... next year I'll try and be more creative :)
Mike was in Colorado so we didn't get to celebrate together... it's odd after being married for nearly 13 years you'd think we'd try a little harder for the romance... he e-mailed... that's how we communicate during the day (even when he's at home in NY in the office) he so romantically said.. "since we missed out on celebrating tonight, let's go to dinner on Saturday night, can you get a sitter?" How Romantic he is (HA HA HA). Don't get me wrong Mike can be so sweet and bring me flowers or chocolates or spa gift certificates, but I think he really doesn't get the "required romance" of Valentines day... hey, it's worked for this long so I'll just enjoy the moments he chooses to be sweet even more. I think it's partly my fault, for years he used to come home with a dozen long stemmed Red Roses every year on Valentine's day.. a few years ago when we were barely paying our bills out of school I made the mistake of telling him I felt guilty when he bought them because they are so expensive on V-day... well, I haven't had any since... Lesson learned... Good thing for Anniversaries!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment