Friday, February 8, 2008

Seriously...

Faith informed me that there is a Middle School Valentine's dance this weekend... ugh... is this really happening? Do I seriously have a Middle School student? How come it doesn't feel like that long ago that I was getting ready for an 8th grade dance (she's in 6th and it seems like it's a little early to start the "dance" thing) ... the girls seemed to stick together as did the "way too cool" guys who lined the gym (2 of whom are now married to my younger sisters!)... oh those days... You couldn't pay me enough to re-live those dreaded dances. So to Faith I wish her well in her "dance off" this weekend, some of the boys challenged some of the girls to a "dance war", I hate to repeat myself but... SERIOUSLY!

So my sweet Hailey has always been able to make friends where ever we have moved. The past 2 moves have found her becoming friends with boys more than girls... her dear friend Eli in California came out last year for a visit with his mother, it was great, they spent 4 or 5 days we saw the Staute of Liberty, Ellis Island and enjoyed chatting and letting Hailey and Eli hang out on a new coast together. Well this year it seems that her new "best buddy" is Zack, Hailey has been to his house a couple of times to play the Wii and hang out... she always comes home so happy and really enjoys time with him. In a few weeks he will come and see our very small house... apparently as Hailey has pointed out... Zack lives in a Mansion.. or as I would classify it "an Estate" YEP... so I'm sure it will be an eye opener for him to see all of our 1400 Sq ft that is shared living space for the 6 of us.... Hailey in describing where we live to him told him... "um, I think my entire house could fit in the school gym" to which his reply was "really???", I hate to disappoint her but I think the gym is bigger than our house :)
As Hailey also pointed out to me "It's not the space it's the happiness you have in your home that matters", And darn it we can fill all 1400 sq ft with LOVE at the Connors home :)

Noah has been so sick the past week, it started Sunday late afernoon, he just hasn't wanted to eat or even play the Wii (that is a sure sign he isn't feeling well). Finally yesterday he was showing signs of feeling at least a little better; this was apparent as he was chasing Ammon in circles and trying to tackle him for the remote. He is still whinning today but at least he ate some cereal for breakfast, he almost looks as if he might have "slap cheek, aka fifth disease", Hailey had it in California, thus, my medical knowledge... Sometimes (this is just between me and all of you reading this) I think a Physican's degree is way over rated... I mean come on, I Seriously have at least an 85% positive record in diagnosing my children, maybe even closer to 90%... Now I just need the pad to write the meds! I was thinking this past week of all the sickness or healt releated issues we've dealt with in the 11 years of parenting... here is my list from memory..

5th disease "slap cheek"

Hand, Foot and Mouth

Shingles (less common in kids but in the family of Chicken pox, in my opinion worse)

Reoccurring Strep Throat for Faith

Scarlet Fever (Faith and Hailey since coming to NY)

Ear infections (tubes put in, tubes removed)

Pneumonia (Faith, the first summer in NY)

Excezma (severe for Hailey)

Asthma (Hailey since moving to NY)

Bronchitis with Asthmatic symptoms... (Hailey since moving to NY)

Wart on Knee (can't say who... too embarassing for them)

Pink Eye(Conjunctivitis) in CA, We took this to Utah to share during Russ and John's weddings a few years ago.. nice gift huh!

Migraines (Faith and Wendy)

Sinus surgery, cysts removed, daily headaches... Mike... yep, the surgery didn't do much!

Not to mention the fact that we seem to catch every illness that is going around church, school, the community... yep this is my trial in life!

I'm sure there are dozen's more that I have blocked from memory... too painful to recall and I've shoved them away to lessen the pain. HA HA HA... SERIOUSLY!

Now that that is out of my system... moving right along with the kid updates...

Ammon is a ball of fury... honestly he bounces off the walls... I'm not kidding, I've never in my life seen such a Happy and energetic child. He almost can't sit still... Unless it's his idea). Church is a mini-show for anyone sitting near the Connors family (note to self .. find the back row) last Sunday... our first Sunday in our new Very tiny branch.. no benches in the chapel just padded chairs... so Mike and I were the book ends... we've learned the art of extending our legs so he can't escape and run free... well it was more like watching a pinball game at the arcade, he would fun into (or bounce off of) my leg turn around and head for Mike's, if the girls were paying attention and could time it right they would extend a leg to stop him... usually ending up with him on his head laughing... not such a reverent activity during Sacrament meeting... I saw the family behind us snickering... I guess it was pretty funny to watch, I think my face was buring red by the end of the meeting... (2nd note to self... Triaminic may cause hyperactivity in Ammon, don't use before church again). He is so freaking funny to watch, he makes me laugh.. I love how he refers to himself as "Ammons (with the "s") or "mines". He also carries around his own personal "handy dandy" (note book like from blue's clue's) it is out of control, he can't do anything with out his "handy dandy", in fact I just had to take a typing break to as he so kindly asked "draw you hair mama" followed by "draw my toes" as he sat on top of the desk with his toes and a purple crayon in hand for me to trace them.... Oh he just makes me so happy.

Well... that's about it, sickness, messes all over the house from days of just holding kids and here I sit typing this post. So with that I'm off to do my domestic duties in our home... (sounds a lot better than house work, at least I feel like I'm doing something grand). Oh, just interupted by the Jehovah Witnesses that come by for a regular visit, I really do admire those who are passionate enough about something that they go out and freely give of their time to try and share it with others... I know that my kids (hopefully) will one day serve missions for our church, I try to extend the same kindness to others and allow them to share, I thank them and wish them well.

If you think about it there are a lot of things being preached to our children and to families all over the world in the news, media, on the internet that are very unworthy of our time, a some what uplifting message from the heart, even if we differ in our opinions is still a welcome beginning to my day. Hope is a great message to share... love and kindness as well.

Until next time... W

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking the last couple days since I've been catching up on your blogging and a couple things have come to mind that I thought I'd share with you. In one of your blogs you talked about your stake conference experience. I think it's sounding even less mormon populated that we were in Ohio which seems crazy to me cuz I thought we were pretty scarce there. But I remember going to a Women's General Broadcast at our Stake Center there in Ohio and the Chapel was full of women from the stake. Seemed like a pretty large gathering of us who believed the same and it was comforting to be surrounded by those ladies who I had this in common with. I didn't know very many of them cuz the stake boundaries were huge and you never saw or met anyone who wasn't in your ward and even the ward members you never ran into at the grocery store cuz we all seemed to live in different towns... but anyway. So there I was watching the broadcast from the Conference Center in Salt Lake that was filled with LDS women... like 20,000 or however many it holds. Seemed like an ocean of women from watching it over the satelite. And I remember just crying and being homesick for being surrounded literally everyday by other people who shared my faith. I kind of made a promise to myself that if I ever got to live in the west again that I would never take it for granted that we have so many around us who think the same. It wasn't too long after that that we ended up moving back to Idaho. I truly loved it. You mentioned the churches on every corner and it's so true. We have two churches here about a block from us that acutally share a parking lot. They are right next to each other and we have two other buildings within about a mile. It's growing so much here! I think there are good and bad to both and I love hearing about your experiences. It seems the people in areas like yours have to be more committed which is nice. The newness of the members is so sweet and innocent as they start to learn and live the gospel. I have fond memories of working with the missionaries and serving in the church in Ohio. So that promise to myself... have to say I think I have fallen back into that whole.."take it for granted" thing and am not as grateful as I should be. We are truly blest. Great experiences for your kids! I'm so happy for you and glad you are doing well there.

My other thought came from your chain letter you posted. The "snuck out of the house one" ... Do you remember the night I stayed over and we snuck out with your friend CeCe? I think that is the only time I ever snuck out. Isn't that so funny. I told my about it years later and she was cute about it. I can't imagine how differently my life might have been if we had moved to Draper at that time. That was right when my parents had divorced and we were considering buying a house down there. I didn't want to move cuz "DeeJay" might come around and want to date me.... and sure enough look what happened. So weird huh? Life is funny. Ok well I'll stop rambling now. Keep in touch. Love, Cheri

Wendy said...

Cheri,
I had totally forgotten about that night, you may have to refresh my memory! Yeah, the things I did in my youth! But I wouldn't change most of the choices, some but not all. Life is what we make of it, our choice mold who we are. I think it was a blessing that you stayed in Idaho, you have your sweet husband and 5 beautiful kids. I hope St. George is treating you well.. hopefully the weather is better than what we have. Talk to you soon, W