Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year

Well, here we are, January 2008, SERIOUSLY? It seems a little unreal to me. When I look back at the past year and all that we have done, I guess it makes sense that another year has come and gone, and yet, it doesn't make sense, that's a lot of days to account for. What did I do?

That leads me to my goals for the coming year, this time, realistic goals, not unattainable Resolutions but true to myself and family goals. So first of all I'm going to lose 50 pounds (okay just checking to see if you were really paying attention). INSTEAD of that dumb resolution that I set EVERY year and really NEVER conquer, I've decided to take a new approach, I'm going to start exercising, yes me, I hate exercising, but I am going to make an effort to do something active at least twice a week for now (remember realistic) and hopefully work into 3 or 4 times before summer. That's that!

So we have gone the rounds once again with illness the past month. Our latest battle STREP throat, yep, Faith and Hailey both had it about 3 weeks ago, Faith complained that her throat hurt again, Days after stopping her antibiotic and as I sat in the pediatricians office he informed me that someone close to her must be a strep carrier, meaning they don't know they have it and haven't been treated, thus re-infecting Faith. The look in my eye must have been a dead give away, he tilted his head and looked my direction as I admitted my throat too had been hurting... UGH... so after trying to place the blame on Mike (since he seems to always be sick these days) I had my throat cultured and sure enough I'M the big winner... POSITIVE! So now after being on my antibiotic for 4 days... it's amazing how much better I feel! Thanks Doctor Schiffer! Oh, and Mike won't ever let me live down trying to blame him for this one either :)

The kids are doing well... getting healthier by the day :) Faith had her first Basketball game, she did really well, one of the best players on the team, she was a little hard on herself when they lost... hey, she hadn't been to practice for 3 weeks because of her throat, so I reminded her that she wasn't 100% and she played her best, sometimes I worry because she has such high expectations of herself, good in some ways, but as a mother I worry. She was annoyed with Mike for saying that one of the other girls was really good, her comment was "your kid should always be #1 for the parents" I told her that she is #1... Mike has some clean up to do on this one :)

Hailey is my little artist/musician, I hate to be the mother who says "no more playing the piano" but since they misplaced the adapter for the headphones, those words seem to come out a lot more often... something I got from my dad, Love you dad, but not always the most patient with kids. I wish I had inherited my mother's gift for patience, I'm working on it. Hailey is loving life, school, church... just a happy girl these days.

Noah, well let's see, I have to limit the number of Hours (yes hours) he plays the Wii each day or it would take over his life, at the age of 4, Video game junkie I say! We made him a deal that he has to play with Ammon or be learning something new as many hours in the day as he wants to play the Wii... so far, it's been a battle, let's see if I end up taking the Wii away for a week or two.

Ammon, Oh my goodness, the latest adventures in the life Ammon include, needing to PURCHASE (not rent) a plumbing snake to unclog the toilets (great isn't it), removing him from the counter tops, or stove top after pulling a chair into the kitchen to get some "dum" (gum), hiding every marker, pen, crayon, pencil, and anything else that can make marks on surfaces that you really don't want to see marks on (walls, toilets, mirrors, PC Screens, floors, fridge, etc.), removing paper clips from the wall outlets (scary I know), putting his clothes back in the drawer no less than 3 times a day (every time he needs a new shirt he unloads every drawer onto the floor to find just the right one, yes he is extremely particular about his clothing, who knew?). And many more daily events that I am just too tired to name!

Mike is enjoying work, he finally gave in and bought a long dark coat (yes the kind you see all of the "wallstreet" guys wearing on tv, I ask myself, is this the same guitar playing, Jean/t-shirt wearing, Big date going to band practice while we were dating guy?) to wear so he doesn't freeze walking around Manhattan on cold days (2 years later). He has been trying to come home earlier from work and so far so good, let's see how this week goes!

I'm trying to finish my Sacrament meeting talk for next week, 2 weeks notice can be really hard, there is something to be said for short notice, less worrying and stressing goes into it. But on the other hand, I have been able to write, re-write, revise, re-do, add to, take from and still it isn't complete.... at least it's almost Sunday again :) Good thing FAITH is on the lds.org page for talk helps :)

OH, one more goal... more blog entries... hear me laughing!

1 comment:

Shaunab said...

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!