Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Another long gap between posts..

Okay so I am really not a "pro" at this blog thing yet, but really I am trying. I started a family one for my siblings and parents to participate in, hopefully that works out and I am not the only one posting things (then that will be 2 that are not being updated very often instead of just this one).

Here we are THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL. Finally...the summer is half over and my kids are still in school. New York, higher academic standards and a much longer school year than any where else we have ever been. It's good don't get me wrong, I just look forward to summer break (well at least the first week or two of it). Faith will have her "Stepping up" graduation ceremony from Elementary School to Middle School on Friday morning, she is very excited. She also has her big "party/dance" that night at the MS, a boy in her class asked her to it and she had to tell him she "would be happy to hang out in a group" you know because she can't date until she's 16..... UGH, she's only 11. Innocent I'm sure but I'm not ready for this.

Hailey is loving that she won't have the "older sister" drama on the bus and at school, being the little sister isn't easy (as she pointed out to me one day). I wouldn't really know I was only a little sister to Russ and we were 4 years apart and so really I can't relate. So I just nod and smile and tell her that Faith loves her and to ignore her. Not so easy though.

Noah and I were invited to join a Pre-school in our ward with 5 other families, the mother's take turns teaching in our homes (like I did with Hailey in Provo). I am so excited for this, he really needs this type of setting to prepare him for Kindergarten in 2008, only 14 months until he starts school.......

Ammon is as busy as ever, busier really, I honestly cant' keep up with him. His new trick is to carry a large toy from his room, climb on top of it an then on top of the desk to unload all of our financial papers and computer wires, discs, electronic gadgets and anything else he can get his hands on. Last week, I found postage stamps stuck all over the side of the couch... money down the drain... Oh boy he is so active and much more adventurous than Noah, in fact at times, Noah just holds him down and says "he's driving me crazy mom". Cute but true.

Mike is in Florida for a Hedge fund conference this week, flies in Wednesday and out to Boston for a day trip Thursday. We have Faith's Birthday party and his BBQ this Saturday (big crowd of over 30 people expected in our little yard) and then Mike will be in Utah Tuesday and Wednesday next week and then he has his surgery on his sinus' on Thursday. NO rest for him. Good thing his parents are coming to visit in July to take us Palmyra and Niagara Falls, that will be our first real vacation in almost a year. We are also looking forward to our just put together trip to Utah in August. I can't wait. This summer is going to fly right by.

2 comments:

Mumsy said...

"He's driving me crazy" is my fave!

You have such great kids, Wendy. I love reading your blog--even though I am lucky enough to see you every week.

Shaunab said...

Wendy,

I can't believe Faith is going to middle school!!!! I am so glad you keep this blog so I can read it and hear about the things going on in your family. Sounds like you have a very full and fun summer and I am very excited for you to come home in August. I am sure you will be way to busy with your family to get together so we can just hold off until October 9th when I get there. Did I mention I am so excited to see you all?!!!